I bought a gateway computer 1997. The mother board crashed which meant it didn't work.

Gateway claimed the warranty expired and it was only 6 mos old. We threw out the computer it was useless. I owed 600 dollars we told them we wouldn't pay. Needless to say 8 years later Rubin and Rothman must have bought the account now I owe 1700.00+ they froze my checking then they put a garnishing on my wages.

My mortgage is suffering and I have 2 kids to feed. These people are ruthless and don't care about anybody.

Somebody should stop them.

Comments

legs

Yes why not make complaint to attny general Cuomo, this outfit is suing you on a debt (if you made no payments) for a debt that is past the staute of limitations.

Rubin & Rothman pulled a fast on eon me!

First they froze my checking acct (I also got a back fee of $200) leaving my rent check to bonce & no money to by food (2 kids).

Then 6 months later, a new summons. This time I went to court myself. Judge removed all the fees & interest they built for themselves. Gave me a fixed monthly amount to pay.

THEN, before payments were to start...the somehow got a new jugdement (the amount judge took away) and FROZEN my acct again (on pay day)...again, no money for food for 2 weeks.

Now, I have to fight in court to get money back....they NEVER answer my calls but keep going after me.

I may file bankrucpy to keep them away

to my nightmare Montvale, New Jersey, United States #1329941

You need to write a letter for them to stop harassing you and get it court ordered or sue them.

Madison, Kansas, United States #21129

The short version to what I have to say is the Statute of Limitations has expired. Do not pay one red cent. Notify them of this and it should go away

to FastWire@HotMail.Com #843593

Does anyone know how to find out if an old account (1998) is still active with those SOB'S? I had similar problems with these criminals but don't want to red flag anything!

I haven't had a check ing acct in years because of them! Thanks